Skip to Content
chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up chevron-right chevron-left arrow-back star phone quote checkbox-checked search wrench info shield play connection mobile coin-dollar spoon-knife ticket pushpin location gift fire feed bubbles home heart calendar price-tag credit-card clock envelop facebook instagram twitter youtube pinterest yelp google reddit linkedin envelope bbb pinterest homeadvisor angies

Sealing or Expungement of Minor in Possession of Alcohol or Marijuana

Minor possession of alcohol or marijuana charges can have a negative impact on many areas of your life, affecting your future employment opportunities, your entry into college, your ability to get your driver’s license, and even on your eligibility for applying for Federal Student Financial Aid for college. Depending upon your eligibility, Michael T. Kossen P.C. may be able to help you get your criminal records sealed or expunged if you’re a minor found in possession of alcohol or marijuana in Colorado so that you can put your past mistakes behind you and begin focusing on the future that lies ahead of you.

Minor in Possession of Alcohol (MIP) Lawyer in Denver

Are All Minor in Possession Charges Eligible for Sealed Records?

Usually, the court will automatically seal your records once your minor in possession case has been dismissed or if you’re found not guilty at trial. This may involve you completing a Deferred Prosecution or a Deferred Judgment/Sentence or successfully completing all of your sentence terms if it was your first minor in possession conviction. However, if you pled guilty, you may be eligible to petition the court to have your record expunged or sealed after a year if you haven’t been arrested for, charged with, or been convicted of any other crime during that time. You also cannot have any outstanding legal fines or fees associated with your conviction in order to be considered eligible.

Schedule a Free Case Assessment to Determine Your Eligibility

Don’t wait to move forward with your life. If you’d like to learn more about the process for expunging or sealing your records involving a minor in possession of alcohol or marijuana conviction in Colorado, please contact our office to schedule a free case assessment. You may also fill out our online form, and someone from Michael T. Kossen P.C. will conduct your free case assessment to determine your eligibility. Usually, a member of our staff is able to contact you within 24 hours to let you know whether or not you qualify to get your records expunged or sealed with our assistance.

Request Your Free Initial Case Assessment